Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Light Up The Engine Of Your Internet Business

[Updated 2/20/2009]

It's a wonderful day today. The cloudy sky in California finally broke up for sunshine after restless raining for about two weeks - which is very much appreciated, since California had not got nearly half of the rain as in the normal winter season.

But, the other great thing is that the second phase of my Internet business has reach a new altitude. The gigglePanda - our latest gigglePet member to join giggleZOO (see the attached picture) won Today's Best Award at Zazzle. Within a day, I've received quite a few excellent 5-star ratings and comments from the visitors of my Cartoosh Gallery. It feels like watching your kids receiving wonderful praises or joining the principals honor roll list (which actually happened to my son last week :) The traffic to both my Cartoosh Gallery and giggleZOO has increased as a result.

I'm still at the early stage of the second phase of my Internet business. I'm still exploring myself to see what I could do in arts and trying to find the angle to differentiate myself in the crowded and competitive art-selling marketplace. I still have a long way to go. But, the recognition at this stage helps confirm the direction and the strategy in my Internet business.

If you're contemplating what to do for your own business adventure, I'd suggest you start by "looking inside yourself for potentials and trying to leverage your strengths" rather than simply follow the crowd or "the so-called experts." Some self-claimed experts on the Internet, for example, suggest you read articles published by others and "rewrite" them to become your own. Or, use a program to collect the articles from the Internet based on certain keywords and instruct the program to produce copies that are often not readable by human. To earn a sustainable income, you'll be spending the whole day producing at least twenty or thirty articles. That's fine, if you enjoy doing that and feel proud in dedicating your life on that. Even if you can make decent money, would you be able to tell your kids that's something you've been doing for the past five or ten years?

Passion can evaporate in a few weeks or months. Passion alone is not enough to make a successful business. You need a business that is in line with the values of your life. Not only is producing cartoon arts a long-time hobby of mine, but I'm also thrilled in sharing a few giggles with people. I've been exploring my own potentials in cartooning and found something I didn't realize I could do before. That's what keeps me going everyday. Don't settle for something solely to produce incomes. You have to find "the true engine" of your own and light it up.

(Click to see the award winning product!)

No comments:

Post a Comment